帮忙
站务
精彩图文

[分享]NEW CONCEPT ENGLISH 2

[复制链接]
查看: 6378|回复: 39

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-11-24 17:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<p><font size="4">Lesson 1&nbsp;&nbsp; A private conversation</font></p><p><font size="4">Last week I went to the theatre. I had a very good seat. The play was very interesting. </font></p><p><font size="4">I did not enjoy it. A young man and a young woman were sitting behind me. </font></p><p><font size="4">They were talking loudly. I got very angry, I could not hear the actors. I turned round.</font></p><p><font size="4">&nbsp;I looked at the man and the woman angrily. They did not pay any attention. In the end, </font></p><p><font size="4">I could not bear ot. I turned round again.&nbsp;" I can't hear a word!" I said angrily.</font></p><p><font size="4">"It's none of your business," the young man said rudely. " this is a private conversation!"</font></p>

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-6-18 00:13 | 显示全部楼层

http://www.nethand.cn

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-6-18 00:15 | 显示全部楼层

http://www.nethand.cn

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-11-24 21:25 | 显示全部楼层
偶看不懂[em04]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-11-24 17:31 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 3&nbsp;&nbsp; Please send me a card</font></p><p><font size="4">ostcards always spoil my holidays. Last summer, I went to Italy. I visited museums </font></p><p><font size="4">and sat in public gardens. A friendly waiter taught me a few words of Italian. </font></p><p><font size="4">Then he lent me a book. I read a few lines, but I did not understand a word. </font></p><p><font size="4">Every day I thought about postcards. My holidays passed quickly, but I did not send </font></p><p><font size="4">cards to my friends. On the last day I made a big decision. I got up early and bought </font></p><p><font size="4">thirty-seven cards. I spent the whole day in my room, but I did not write a single card!</font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-11-24 17:24 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 2&nbsp; Breakfast or lunch?</font></p><p><font size="4">It was Sunday. I never get up early on Sundays. I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime. </font></p><p><font size="4">Last Sunday I got up very late. I looked out of the window. It was dark outside.</font></p><p><font size="4">"What a day!" I thought. "It's raining again." Just then, the telephone rang. It was my </font></p><p><font size="4">aunt Lucy. "I've just arrived by train," she said. "I'm coming to see you."</font></p><p><font size="4">"But I'm still having breakfast," I said.</font></p><p><font size="4">"What are you doing?" she asked.</font></p><p><font size="4">"I'm having breakfast," I repeated.</font></p><p><font size="4">"Dear me," she said."Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!"</font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

发表于 2006-11-27 12:53 | 显示全部楼层
<p>The lesson one remind me of my&nbsp;learning&nbsp;New Concept&nbsp;in a junior school</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-11-29 17:23 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 5&nbsp; No wrong numbers</font></p><p><font size="4">Mr.James Scott has a garage in Silbury and now he has just bought another </font></p><p><font size="4">garage </font><font size="4">in Pinhurst. Pinhurst is only five miles from Silbury,but Mr.Scott </font></p><p><font size="4">cannot get a telephone for his new garage, so he has just bought twelve </font></p><p><font size="4">pigeons. Yesterday, a pigeon carried the distance in three minutes.Up to</font></p><p><font size="4">now, Mr.Scott has sent a great many requests for spare parts and other </font></p><p><font size="4">urgent messages from one garage to the other. In this way,he has begun </font></p><p><font size="4">his own private "telephone" service.</font></p><p><font size="4"></font></p><p><font size="4"></font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-11-29 12:26 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 4&nbsp; An exciting trip</font></p><p><font size="4">I have just received a letter from my brother,Tim. He is in Australia.</font></p><p><font size="4">He has been there for six months. Tim is an engineer. He is working for </font></p><p><font size="4">a big firm and he has already visited a great number of different places</font></p><p><font size="4">in Australia. He has just bought an Australian car and has gone to Alice</font></p><p><font size="4">Springs, a small town in the centre of Australia. He will soon visit Darwin.</font></p><p><font size="4">Form there,he will fly to Perth. My brother has never been abroad before,</font></p><p><font size="4">so he is finding this trip very exciting.</font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-1 12:07 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 6&nbsp; Percy Buttons</font></p><p><font size="4">I have just moved to a house in Bridge Street. Yesterday a beggar knocked at </font></p><p><font size="4">my door. He asked me for a meal and a glass of beer. In return for this, the beggar </font></p><p><font size="4">stood on his head and sang songs. I gave him a meal. He ate the food and drank </font></p><p><font size="4">the beer. Then he put a piece of cheese in his pocket and went away. Later a </font></p><p><font size="4">neighbour told me about him. Everybody knows him. His name is Percy Buttons. </font></p><p><font size="4">He calls at every house in the street once a month and always asks for a meal </font></p><p><font size="4">and a glass of beer.</font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-1 13:55 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 7&nbsp; Too late</font></p><p><font size="4">The plane was late and detectives were waiting at the airport all morning.</font></p><p><font size="4">They were expecting a valuable parcel of diamonds from South Africa.A few</font></p><p><font size="4">hours earlier, someone had told the police that thieves would try to steal </font></p><p><font size="4">the diamonds. When the plane arrived, some of the detectives were waiting </font></p><p><font size="4">inside the main building while others were waiting on the airfield.Two men</font></p><p><font size="4">took the parcel off the plane and carried it into the Customs House. While</font></p><p><font size="4">two detectives were keeping guard at the door, two others opened the parcel.</font></p><p><font size="4">To their surprise, the precious parcel was full of stones and sand!</font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-1 14:06 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 8&nbsp; The best and the worst</font></p><p><font size="4">Joe Sanders has the most beautiful garden in our town.Nearly everybody</font></p><p><font size="4">enters for "The Nicest Garden Competition" each year,but Joe wins every</font></p><p><font size="4">time.Bill Frith's garden is larger than Joe's.Bill works harder than Joe and </font></p><p><font size="4">grows more flowers and vegetables,but Joe's garden is </font><font size="4">more interesting.</font></p><p><font size="4">He has made neat paths and has built a wooden bridge </font><font size="4">over a pool. I like </font></p><p><font size="4">gardens too,but I do not like hard work. Every year I </font><font size="4">enter for the garden </font></p><p><font size="4">competition too,and I always win a little prize for </font><font size="4">the worst garden in the town.</font></p><p></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-1 14:24 | 显示全部楼层
<p><font size="4">Lesson 9&nbsp; A cold welcome</font></p><p><font size="4">On Wednesday evening, we went to the Town Hall.It was the last day of </font></p><p><font size="4">the year and a large crowd of people had gathered under the Town Hall</font></p><p><font size="4">clock.It would strike twelve in twenty minutes' time. Fifteen minutes</font></p><p><font size="4">passed and then, at five to twelve, the clock stopped. The big minute </font></p><p><font size="4">hand did not move. We waited and waited, but nothing happened.Suddenly</font></p><p><font size="4">someone shouted,"It's two minutes past twelve! The clock has stopped!"</font></p><p><font size="4">I looked at my watch.It was true.The big clock refused to welcome the</font></p><p><font size="4">New Year. At that moment, everybody began to laugh and sing.</font></p><p><font size="4"></font></p><p><font size="4"></font></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-7 16:25 | 显示全部楼层
<p>Lesson 14&nbsp;&nbsp; Do you speak English?</p><p>I had an amusing experience last year. After I had left a small village in the south of </p><p>France,I drove on to the next town. On the way,a young man waved to me.I stopped and he</p><p>asked me for a lift. As soon as he had got into the car, I said good morning to him in </p><p>French and he replied in the same language. Apart from a few words, I do not know any </p><p>French at all.Neither of us spoke during the journey.I had nearly reached the town,when</p><p>the young man suddenly said,very slowly,"Do you speak English?" As I soon learnt,he was</p><p>English himself!</p><p></p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-7 16:18 | 显示全部楼层
<p>Lesson 13&nbsp;&nbsp; The Greenwood Boys</p><p>The Greenwood Boys are a group of pop singers.At present,they are visiting all parts of the</p><p>country. They will be arriving here tomorrow. They will be coming by train and most of the </p><p>young people in the town will be meeting them at the station.Tomorrow evening they will be </p><p>singing at the Workers' Club. The Greenwood Boys will be staying for five days. During this</p><p>time, they will give five performances.As usual, the police will have a dificult time. They </p><p>will be trying to keep order. It is always the same on these occasions.</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-7 17:38 | 显示全部楼层
<p>Lesson 15&nbsp; Good news</p><p>The secretary told me that Mr.Harmsworth would see me.I felt very nervous when I went into </p><p>his office. He did not look up from his desk when I entered. After I had sat down,he said </p><p>that business was very bad. He told me that the firm could not afford to pay such large </p><p>salaries. Twenty people had already left. I knew that my turn had come.</p><p>"Mr.Harmsworth," I said in a week voice.</p><p>"Don't interrupt," he said.</p><p>Then he smiled and told me I would receive an extra thousand pounds a year!</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-5 15:56 | 显示全部楼层
<p>Lesson 10&nbsp; Not for jazz</p><p>We have an old musical instrument. It is called a clavichord. It was made in Germany </p><p>in 1681. Our clavichord is kept in the living room. It has belonged to our family for</p><p>a long time. The instrument was bought by my grandfather many years ago. Recently it </p><p>was damaged by a visitor. She tried to play jazz on it! She struck the keys too hard</p><p>and two of the strings were broken. My father was shocked. Now we are not allowed to</p><p>touch it. It is being repaired by a friend of my father's.</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-5 16:15 | 显示全部楼层
<p>Lesson 11&nbsp; One good turn deserves another&nbsp; 礼尚往来</p><p>I was having dinner at a restaurant when Tony Steele came in. Tony worked in a lawyer's</p><p>office years ago, but he is now working at a bank. He gets a good salary, but he always</p><p>borrows money from his friends and never pays it back. Tony saw me and came and sat at</p><p>the same table. He has never borrowed money from me.While he was eating,I asked him to</p><p>lend me twenty pounds. To my surprise, he gave me the money immediately. "I have never</p><p>borrowed any money from you," Tony said,"so now you can pay for my dinner!"</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-6 13:40 | 显示全部楼层
<p>Lesson 12&nbsp; Goodbey and good luck</p><p>Our neigbour,Captain Charles Alison,will sail from Portsmouth tomorrow.We'll meet him at</p><p>the harbour early in the morning.He will be in his small boat,Topsail.Topsail is a famous </p><p>little boat.It has sailed across the Atlantic many times.Captain Alison will set out at </p><p>eight o'clock,so we'll have plenty of time.We'll see his boat and then we'll say goodbye</p><p>to him.He will be away for two months.We are very proud of him.He will take part in an</p><p>important race across the Atlantic.</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-11 13:00 | 显示全部楼层
<p>Lesson 17&nbsp; Always young</p><p>My aunt Jennifer is an actress.She must be at least thirty-five years old. In spite of this,she often appears on the stage </p><p>as a young girl. Jennifer will have to take part in a new play soon. This time,she will be a girl of seventeen.In the play,</p><p>she must appear in a bright red dress and long black stockings.Last year in another play,she had to wear short socks and a</p><p>bright,orange-coloured dress. If anyone ever asks her how old she is,she always answers,"Darling,it must be terrible to be </p><p>grown up!"</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

天台领先的地方门户服务平台
  • 客服电话:13968580055
  • 客服QQ:808508
门户服务

浙公网安备 33102302000043号

浙ICP备11032801号-2

天台之窗订阅号
天台之窗服务号
Copyright  ©1998-2024  天台之窗  Powered by  Discuz! X3.5    ( 浙ICP备11032801号 )
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表