站务
精彩图文

To excite the English World

[复制链接]
查看: 1672|回复: 10

该用户从未签到

发表于 2004-6-15 13:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
<>This so called English World is really boring. Nearly no one passes by. </P>
<>English, not maths,nor physics, which is a language, should be practised everyday. We want build up vocabulary, go over grammar, read news, understand some idioms, and play games. Therefore the English may be really improved, not just for examination. Do you guys agree with me? </P>

该用户从未签到

发表于 2004-6-15 22:36 | 显示全部楼层
Yes I agree. only several people come here

该用户从未签到

发表于 2004-6-17 17:46 | 显示全部楼层
<>SO I THINK THE ENGLISH CORNER WAS HOLD IN TIANTAI IS A GREAT ADVANCEMENT .</P>
  • TA的每日心情
    高兴
    2017-2-9 13:29
  • 签到天数: 2 天

连续签到: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

发表于 2004-6-18 01:24 | 显示全部楼层
    <>yes, at the begining when i ask tree to open this colum ,my aim is to gather english fans and practise english together .but at last found there is few people who loves english in tiantai,so i choose quit.</P><>but anyhow ,i think there will be more and more people come here to give us his ideas and opnion for some matters.</P>

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2004-6-18 03:52 | 显示全部楼层
    <>I will get on my soap box...</P><>First of all, the purpose why we want to learn english should be clear, for fun, for working, or for nothing? That we want to learn English or someone want us to learn is of great importance. </P><>We can listen English songs in this "world", if someone upload some classical lyric songs,  or can discuss some usage of phrase, proverb, idioms. We can discuss a topic, for example, the global warming, gloabal dimming, the job situation.... any topics we want to talk about, or we also can talk about the experience of learning English. We should not be afraid of making mistakes, what we should be afraid of is no chance to make mistake. But I dislike someone who have others do their homework, for instance like translating a paragraph.</P>

该用户从未签到

发表于 2004-6-18 16:06 | 显示全部楼层
    <>A news for you to enjoy. from my point of view,it's a good way for you to improve your listen comprehension, </P>

该用户从未签到

发表于 2004-6-18 16:09 | 显示全部楼层
    <>Turkey had lobbied long and hard for this position. Its victory in the election will bring great pleasure to the government. Mr Ihsanoglu won a surprisingly easy victory, gaining thirty two votes to the twelve given to both Bangladesh and Malaysia.</P><>The victory is interesting for both the organisation and for Turkey itself. For Turkey, in the year when it hopes to receive a date for membership negotiations with the EU to begin, its victory gives added weight to its claim to be a bridge between Europe and the Islamic world.</P><>For the organisation and its member states, the choice may indicate a further movement towards reform. The Turkish government presented Mr Ihsanoglu as a reform candidate, both in terms of the organisation and the wider Islamic world. The choice of the Turkish candidate follows a speech by the outgoing secretary general in which he highlighted what he called the extensive backwardness of the Islamic world. </P><>lobbied: tried to persuade people
    won a surprisingly easy victory: was successful with little opposition </P><>

membership negotiations: discussions aimed at reaching agreement about Turkey joining the EU
    gives added weight to: improves the argument in favour of
    a bridge: something that is a bridge between two groups makes it easier for differences between them to be overcome</P><>a further movement towards reform: gradual development in attitude in favour of improving the organisation and its members through change
    reform candidate: somebody who wants to make changes and is being presented for a position
    in terms of : specifying the aspects that are being talked about
    outgoing: someone who is leaving a position
    highlighted: if you highlight a problem you draw attention to it</P><>
    </P>

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2004-6-19 13:31 | 显示全部楼层
    <>Great!</P>especially for the explanation followed.

该用户从未签到

发表于 2004-6-20 12:50 | 显示全部楼层
    <>2487 ,welcome to our English Corner !</P><>If not now, when? If not you, who?
    </P>

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2004-6-20 14:02 | 显示全部楼层
    <B>以下是引用<I>kite</I>在2004-6-20 12:50:00的发言:</B>

<>2487 ,welcome to our English Corner !</P>
    <>If not now, when? If not you, who?
    </P>

Thank you so much for your nice inviation, but now I am not available because I am not at Tiantai. If I have chance I would be glad to attend. I will visit this English World frequently. I wish we can learn and improve English together. Thanks again.

该用户从未签到

发表于 2004-6-20 21:27 | 显示全部楼层
    <B>以下是引用<I>2487</I>在2004-6-19 13:31:00的发言:</B>

<>Great!</P>especially for the explanation followed.

<>i'm glad that you like it. </P>[em44]
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

天台领先的地方门户服务平台
    • 客服电话:13968580055
    • 客服QQ:808508
    门户服务

浙公网安备 33102302000043号

浙ICP备11032801号-2

天台之窗订阅号
    天台之窗服务号
    Copyright  ©1998-2024  天台之窗  Powered by  Discuz! X3.5    ( 浙ICP备11032801号 )
    快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表